Sunday, November 23, 2014

AOMG Concert: Tessa's Fan Account



Hi everyone! Tessa V here, one half of KPOPThisWay!

So… it’s been over a week since the AOMG concert in LA and they are already back in Korea. My post-concert depression is definitely hitting me harder than normal! I miss the boys of AOMG so much! It was definitely one of the best concerts I have been to! I went all out and bought a VIP with Meet & Greet ticket! I just had to meet my boys! So here is my experience:

On the day of the concert, Rae and I left NorCal before 10:00 AM and we arrived around 3:30 PM. We checked in at our hotel and quickly got ready, since I had to be at the Meet & Greet before 5:30 PM. We got to the venue just in time! After checking in at will call, I was directed into a bar/lounge area, sat down, and talked to a few girls beside me. They were super nice! One of the organizers announced that we will have to go in groups of 5 and only one camera or phone can be used. When it was my group's turn, the first thing I saw was boxes of Costco pizza and hella In-N-Out fries lol. Then finally I saw the boys of AOMG! I did not hesitate and walked straight to Gray, since he is my ULTIMATE bias! With my gift in hand, I said with a huge smile, “Hi Gray, this is for you!” Gray was a bit surprised or taken aback that I was giving him a gift. (Made me wonder if he received another gift from a fan prior to me). He took it and said with a smile, “Annyeonghaseyo… Kamsahamida”. When he said that, I definitely was on cloud nine, because my favorite Korean artist freakin’ just talked to me! Just reminiscing about this is making me miss him even more. Then one of their assistants (I think) told him to give him my gift, since we had to take our picture.

Of course, I just had to zoom in at my part of the photo!
Gray and I were just standing next to each other kinda awkwardly. I gave him a gesture that I wanted to put my arm around his waist, but I had this feeling he was hesitant. But he let me anyways and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. LIKE AHHH! I couldn't believe it! First, my bias talked to me and now he’s touching me! One of the best moments of my life so far! Too bad we had to leave right away, since another group of fans was coming in. I wasn't able to give a hug or high five or something to the other members of AOMG... I just walked passed them by smiling and waving to them. I wish I did though! That would be the only thing I would do differently. But at least, I was able to stand next to Gray! That was the most important thing! As I was walking out of the Meet & Greet, I looked down at my phone and Rae texted me saying: “ARE YOU MEETING GRAY RIGHT NOW?!” It was pretty funny, because she texted it a little before I saw my phone. So yes, I was meeting Gray at that very moment she texted me! She got some telepathy going on lol!

Rae & I outside the AOMG After Party venue! 
Then after the concert, Rae and I were like “YOLO! Let’s go to the AOMG After Party!”, which was held at Supperclub LA in Hollywood. AOMG arrived around 12:30 AM. They were in a secluded spot, but I had a pretty good view of them since I was wearing heels and was able to look over people’s heads haha! They looked like they were just chilling, since they were probably really tired from the concert and being jet lagged. Rae and I tried to get closer to see them better, but of course, the fangirls were pushing their way through. Then we saw Cha Cha and tried to get a picture with him, but some girls got there faster than us. Then Jay Park came down from their spot and thanked everyone for coming. I think Rae and I were about like 10 feet away from him, which was pretty cool! At around 1:30 AM, Rae and I decided to leave the venue to beat the crowd, since the club event ended at 2:00 AM. As Rae and I walked out, lo and behold, Loco was standing right across from us. Rae and I were definitely star struck and took us awhile to comprehend that he was right in front of us. I had the guts to go up to him, but a girl beat me first to it. Then I saw Jay Park was free, so I went up to him and said, “Hey, Jay can I get a picture?”. He told me and gestured, “Hold on, one second”. But soon after, one of their assistants or managers said, “Sorry, no pictures”. Maaan… I was so close!

Top: Jay Park at Supperclub LA in Hollywood. Bottom:
Simon D saying 'bye' to fans outside the club.
After Rae and I walked toward the valet, I made sure to say ‘bye’ to Loco and he acknowledged me by giving me a smile and a hand gesture. As we were waiting for our car, we realized they were waiting for their car too and we were able to see them leave! Simon D got in first, rolled down his window, and he waved back to us! Then according to Rae, she said there was a person sitting behind Simon D that kept looking our way and that she held eye contact with him. She said he waved back, but she was not sure who he was. She asked me about it later that night and I told her that it was Gray, since he was the last person to enter the car. I can’t believe he kept looking our way! I believe that he probably recognized me, because I was wearing the same shirt as the concert. He was probably like “hey, that’s the girl who gave me a present”. I strongly believe this, so don’t tell me otherwise lol!

My early birthday present to Gray: an Undefeated snapback! 
And so that was my AOMG concert experience. Like I said, the concert was amazing and I had so much fun! All of the AOMG members definitely know how to work the stage and I enjoyed every single song they performed. I definitely became an even bigger fan of AOMG after this concert. They are so chill and they really love their fans. I hope that one day soon that they will return for another U.S. Tour! I hope they choose to come to San Francisco next time, since it’s closer to home! ALSO! I hope that one day I see Gray wearing my gift that I got him! ^^




Oops… I didn’t expect this to be so long! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my fan account! Follow me next time as I KPOPThisWay at the next k-music event! <3

~ Tessa V



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your fan account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I'm glad you enjoyed it! We'll definitely post more fan accounts in the future. Happy New Year! ~Tessa

      Delete